Ongoing Capital Improvements
Have you noticed the improvements around the campus? Our campus is slowing getting the facelift it needs…from the inside out! Thank you to everyone who has contributed their time, finances, and energy to helping make everything look and feel more welcoming.
But we have more projects to work on each year. The improvements we have made are just the beginning. We also know it is important to take new projects at a speed that works for us at Wintergarden. Some folks have asked for what projects are coming up in the next few years.
1. The entryway to the church is in need of updated. The ceiling is falling apart and we might have a leak in the roof. Quotes on repair will begin this summer.
2. Exterior of the building needs some repair work and to be painted.
3. The Sanctuary will need a nice coat of paint, some repair on the walls, baseboards, and ceiling. Pastor Larry stopped by recently and pointed out the holes in our ceiling that are left over from the hurricane. I had never noticed them before.
4. The flooring in the Sanctuary will need to be replaced sometime over the next 5 years.
5. We have two new Air Conditioners, but we have 5 more that will need to be replaced over the next 3-5 years. We will begin an annual contract for service and maintenance to help nurse the AC along.
6. We love eating together and providing meals for others. Yet, our kitchen is capable of allowing cooks to create a proper meal. We don’t have a stovetop and our ovens cook hot. In order to cook more meals for the congregation, updating the kitchen to a commercial kitchen would be a blessing. This is something we would endeavor to do IF we plan to cook more for our congregation and community.
7. Our ongoing desire is to build up a fund for Capital Improvements so that as things happen, we don’t have to keep begging for money with each AC that fails. If you are able, please help us build up our “Building Fund” through designated giving.
Here are some images of the improvements from the past few years.