First Sunday at Wintergarden Presbyterian Church
First of all, we are glad you are considering joining us! Second, here are some basic things to expect when you worship with us at Wintergarden.
- You will be welcomed with open arms!
- What should I wear? meaning, dress in whatever you are comfortable in. You will typically find people in flip-flops, shorts, casual clothing, as well as dressed in “Sunday best.” Not many of the gentlemen wear ties or coats. And the pastor only wears a robe occasionally.
- Children are welcome in worship. We have a children’s time every Sunday and the children are given an activity to work on during the message. Nursery is available on an as needed basis.
- The worship experience is a mix of traditional elements in liturgy and music. The Praise Team will lead us in an eclectic blend contemporary, modern, and traditional music throughout the service.
- Every Sunday, there is a time of fellowship with coffee and refreshments after the worship service. This is a great time to get to know folks and learn more about Wintergarden.
- The first Sunday of the month we celebrate Communion, the Lord’s Supper, and/or Eucharist. At Wintergarden, all are welcome to the Lord’s Table. We believe that an encounter with God can happen at any point on someone’s journey of faith and encourage all who wish to know God more to come and take communion. We participate in the Lord’s Supper through intinction. Our interpretation of “intinction” is that everyone is invited to come forward to the communion table. Then each person rips off a piece of bread from the communion bread and then dips the bread into the grape juice. We use grape juice because we have many people in our congregation who have struggled with addiction in the past and do not want communion to be a stumbling block in recovery.