Wintergarden Presbyterian Church Nursery
Best practices for this page include:
- Describe any training, background checks, certifications such as Infant First Aid/CPR, and relative experience of the nursery staff
- Policies such as child to adult ratios, family member restrictions (two members of one family are not allowed to be the sole care providers, etc)
- Anything that can be described honestly as for the spiritual development of the children
- Benefits to the children such as Bible based stories, videos, games, crafts, etc
- Hours, drop off locations and procedures, name tags if available, and other details
- Renovations, facilities, etc.
- Contact procedures such as buzzers or numbers on the projector
Here at Wintergarden Presbyterian Church, your children’s safety, happiness, and spiritual growth are some of our most important priorities. We view a nursery as more than just a place to drop off your child so that you can attend Sunday School and Worship. Instead, we see our nursery as a place where we can help you start your child’s spiritual journey and help them develop a love for Christ and for church.
We have two different nurseries that are each open from 8:45 to 12:15 every Sunday morning and during special services throughout the year. Our infant room is for children up to 18 months old. Our toddler room is for children 18 months until three years of age. Both nurseries are clean, bright, and filled with age appropriate toys. In each nursery we play kids’ Bible songs on CD and our dedicated volunteers lead the children in simple prayers, using a grace before snack time with the older children and reciting the Lord’s Prayer weekly to help familiarize the children with our most important prayer. We have simple coloring pages with a Biblical theme for our toddlers to color. All of our volunteers have been thoroughly background checked and there is always someone on hand with Infant and Child CPR and first aid certifications to respond to any emergency.
We do ask our parents to bring in diaper bags with diapers for their children, as well a snack for children who cannot eat goldfish crackers or Cheerios. We look forward to getting to know you and your children at Wintergarden Presbyterian Church!