Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Walnuts and Cranberries
A healthy no-sugar-added sweet potatoes side dish with toasted walnuts and cranberries.
Course Side Dish
Keyword roasted sweet potatoes with pecans and cranberries
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 4 Sweet Potatoes (peeled and chopped into bite-size pieces)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup 100% Real Maple Syrup (drizzle on more when serving)
- 1 cup Walnuts (may toast for 2-3 minutes ahead of time)
- 1/2 cup Dried Cranberries (to keep it sugar-free, look for sugar-free dried cranberries)
- 1 teaspoon Salt (or to taste)
- Vanilla Bean (optional to add for flavor)
To Roast in Oven:
- Set oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Spread out sweet potatoes on baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil all over sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with cinnamon and salt. Toss all together.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tender. With 2 minutes remaining in baking time, toss walnuts, cranberries, and maple syrup with the sweet potatoes. When ready to serve, drizzle with more maple syrup.
**If you want to toast the walnut ahead of time, place on the grill or baking sheet and cook for 2-3 minutes until toasted.