Keep Charlotte Beautiful (KCB), an Environmental Conservation Organization is partnering with Wintergarden to hire a Volunteer in Service to America (VISTA) to develop and sustain the 24-hour Ebenezer Food Pantry and the ‘Garden in the Pines’ Community Garden. The objective is to empower people to learn how to provide fresh food for their family and become less dependent on food pantries in our community.
The position is paid through a grant secured by KCB for a one-year period. We are looking for a person with the energy and drive necessary to be the catalyst for change to help eradicate hunger in our community.
Key responsibilities, under the supervision of Wintergarden, are to implement a leadership team that will develop the next phases of the pantry and gardens in a vital way by:
- building an organizational structure for the pantry and garden
- developing a strategy for community and congregation volunteer participation and building a process for people becoming volunteers
- developing rules of the garden and gardener agreement;
- establishing community partnerships to help sustain the projects
- researching and applying for grants for financial and volunteer support
- establishing and planning educational events to empower gardeners
- finding creating advertising through local media, newspaper, social media and other venues
To access the job listing, find out about benefits and apply for the position, go to the AmeriCorps VISTA portal: