Dearest Wintergarden Faith Community,
Many have asked for weekly prayers to be shared with the community. This is a way for us to share the prayers shared in worship, through the food pantry, and our various other ministries. Due to privacy needs we will only include the first names of people and not last names. We also know this list will not be perfect and in need of constant updating. We will review this every week and be mindful of how we are being asked to pray for one another, our community, our country, and our world.
How can we respond out of our grief? Sunday Devon reminded us that even in His grief over losing John, Jesus’ saw the crowds and gave compassion and healing to them. With that on our hearts, she urged us all to look for the light, the strength and goodness in our hard situations. Further reminding us that the world didn’t stop with the storm. Hard things continued to happen in the world, and that we all need to go forward and “be that compassion.”
Prayers of Joy
- The gratitude continues for all our volunteers! This recovery would not be possible without our dedicated volunteers!
- Prayers of joy for Nate as he turns 9 today!
- Bruce’s mother, Rosemary, turned 91 years old and is doing well!
- Kymmie gave thanks to “Operation BBQ” and the Disaster Resource Team for the donation of turkeys and other food. It has put us in a good position for Thanksgiving.
- Rick offered prayers of gratitude for a housing deal that is 3/4 of the way to being a reality.
- Maralee offered that, with the possibility of using Bud and Donna’s trailer, she is also closing in a transitional housing plan.
- And Devon reminded us all to vote.
Prayers of Concern
- Gale requests prayer for her sister-in-law, Julie, who is back in the hospital.
- Maralee’s mom was reporting shortness of breath. So prayers for her health.
- John reports his daughter has kidney stones that needed to be removed.
- Please pray for everyone fighting to recover – especially those dealing with safe housing needs, and all those grappling with FEMA, insurance agencies, and all the outside entities that feels like barriers in getting things done.
- Cheryl for all her usual prayer requests: for housing, finances, her family, and for world peace.
- For those struggling with mental illness, and for those that care for them.
- For all the helpers – the emergency and recovery workers as they travel in and through out community.
- For the people of Ukraine and Russia and for the parts of the world where armies are battling.
- For Peace everywhere, including our own hearts.
- Pray also that we, as a church, continue to live into our mission of feeding people: body, mind, and soul.
- And for all the unspoken prayers on our hearts.
Prayers for Those Traveling
- For all our snowbirds, as they decide what this season will look like.
On the website for the church, there is a way to submit your prayer requests. If this is something you would be interested in doing, please do so. The prayer requests are emailed to Pastor Devon once they are submitted.
Here is the link: https://www.wintergardenpres.org/prayer-requests/