Dearest Wintergarden Faith Community,
As we continue to pray for one another, our community, our country, and our world, let us do so with love and hope. Our weekly email of prayers is a way for us to share the prayers shared in worship, through the food pantry, and our various other ministries with a larger group. Due to privacy needs we will only include the first names of people and not last names. We also know this list will not be perfect and in need of constant updating. We will review this every week and be mindful of how we are being asked to pray for one another, our community, our country, and our world.
Rest for All
Please pray for rest for all:
“Come to me,
all you who are struggling hard and carrying heavy loads,
and I will give you rest.
Put on my yoke, and learn from me.
I’m gentle and humble.
And you will find rest for yourselves.
My yoke is easy to bear, and my burden is light.”
Matthew 11:28-30 (CEB)
Prayers of Joy
- We all delight at seeing Bob and Joy at church!
- John rejoices over the joys and challenges of 6 little ones.
- Drew’s friend Shawn did will in surgery! But please, continue to pray for healing for Shawn.
- We also celebrate last week’s Praying Pelican kids! They were amazing at the pantry Thursday and brought joy to the other volunteers and those we serve.
- We were so glad to see all our visitors! Including new friends, the St. Charles Ave. / RHINO work team and the new Praying Pelican’s group. Also our Harvest Host guests and other visitors!
- Lena, from Praying Pelicans, expressed her gratitude to our church for all we do.
- Tim concurred with Lena, he expressed gratitude for our church opening it’s doors for long-term recovery while we’re still recovering.
- We celebrated Weldon and Pam’s birthday.
- Pray for Bruce. He lives in one the homes we’ve been working on and also recently lost his wife.
- Cheryl’s tests shows a torn meniscus. She’s also working on some insurance issues. Please pray for this situation.
- Pay also for Cheryl’s continuing housing issues.
- Continue to pray for Kathy’s son. He’s improved enough that he’s been released from the hospital, but still much healing.
- Maralee will miss her friend, Donna, who is moving to Missouri.
- Maralee’s mom continues to decline, please continue to pray for all involved.
- Cheryl also asked for prayer for Kymmie.
- Kymmie is missing Ann L from the pantry. It’s her heavenly birthday. She is greatly missed.
- Donna asked for continuing prayers for Barb & Joe, Ursula & Stan and for Bud.
- From the pantry, please pray for April who lost her mom
- Pray also from the pantry, please pray for Cam and her husband.
- Please continue to pray for this church’s call to feed people spiritually, emotionally, mentally and physically.
Prayers for the World
Please continue to pray for our community and world:
- Continue to pray for Syria, Turkey, Ukraine.
- And as always, we continue to pray for world peace and more peace interactions between peoples.
|On the website for the church, there is a way to submit your prayer requests. If this is something you would be interested in doing, please do so. The prayer requests are emailed to Pastor Devon once they are submitted.
Here is the link: https://www.wintergardenpres.org/prayer-requests/