Dearest Wintergarden Faith Community,
As we continue to pray for one another, our community, our country, and our world, let us do so with love and hope. Our weekly email of prayers is a way for us to share the prayers shared in worship, through the food pantry, and our various other ministries with a larger group. Due to privacy needs we will only include the first names of people and not last names. We also know this list will not be perfect and in need of constant updating. We will review this every week and be mindful of how we are being asked to pray for one another, our community, our country, and our world.
Prayers of Joy
- With the coming of Holy Week, we are all excited that we’ll have lots of visitors and kids excited for Easter fun!
- Wendy is overjoyed for a friend from Randolph Macon that just found out they have been accepted to three Presbyterian seminaries.
- Gale asked for prayers for friends and family in Ohio, and especially her granddaughter, who due to the wind storm, had a car totaled with a fallen tree and loss of power.
- Please also continue to pray for Gale’s sister-in-law Julie, undergoing cancer treatments.
- Pray for Sandy, a family friend of Kymmie’s, who will be having a CT Scan – she has lung cancer.
- Jane asks for prayer for Joe, friend at Cleveland heart hospital, with heart issues.
- Deb requests prayer for her sister, who is battling depression.
- Continued prayer for Maralee’s Mother and her Father.
- Cheryl’s friend, Mark was stripped of his VA health benefits and is in need of help. Also for veterans in general, that they all get the support they need.
- Pray for Emma to get better so that she is able to do her best at the horse show.
- Kymmie is seeking patience and requests prayer.
- Although Arlo’s parents planned to allow her to pass at home with the support of hospice, it became too difficult to manage her end of life care and so she has been hospitalized. She continues to hang on past all expectations, but her time here is short. Please pray for Arlo, her mom’s, siblings, extended family and all touched by her short life.
- Wendy also asks for prayers for a classmate that has a title wave of health issues hitting and seems overwhelmed, Andy.
- Please pray for Jeff’s continued healing.
- Continued prayers for Bob and Joy, Joe and Barb, Stan and Ursula, Barb and Fred, Steve and Cheri.
- Please continue to pray for this church’s call to feed people spiritually, emotionally, mentally and physically.
Prayers for Our Community, State, Country, and World
Please continue to pray for our community and world:
- Please pray for our nation’s leaders, first responders, our military and our church family.
- There are so many storms at this time. Please pray for the tornado victims and all the victims of the natural disasters.
- For those deeply impacted by Hurricane Ian and all that is ahead for rebuilding and recovery. And for the mission teams coming to serve in our community to help people rebuild their homes and lives.
- Continue to pray for Syria, Turkey, Ukraine.
- And as always, we continue to pray for world peace and more peace interactions between peoples.
Please continue to pray for those traveling:
- Traveling mercies for Kathy as she migrates north.
- Pray for safe travel for all those heading back home or to visit loved ones.
|On the website for the church, there is a way to submit your prayer requests. If this is something you would be interested in doing, please do so. The prayer requests are emailed to Pastor Devon once they are submitted. |
Here is the link: https://www.wintergardenpres.org/prayer-requests/