Dearest Wintergarden Faith Community,
As we continue to pray for one another, our community, our country, and our world, let us do so with love and hope. Our weekly email of prayers is a way for us to share the prayers shared in worship, through the food pantry, and our various other ministries with a larger group. Due to privacy needs we will only include the first names of people and not last names. We also know this list will not be perfect and in need of constant updating. We will review this every week and be mindful of how we are being asked to pray for one another, our community, our country, and our world.
Prayers of Joy
- We are grateful for our work teams! Last week’s was from McVeytown, Pennsylvania and this week’s from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Both will be working in homes in our community impacted by Ian.
- We are grateful for our food pantry volunteers. They amaze us weekly!
- Wendy expressed gratitude for coming through her accident without any real harm to anyone.
- Devon was grateful for her time away and for learning more about Praying Pelican Missions (check it out: ppm.org)
- Bob passed peacefully in his home surrounded by his family. Please keep all who loved him in your prayers. Bob’s funeral will be on Wednesday, May 17 at 10am.
- Maralee’s mom passed away last weekend. She has gone up to be with the family. Pray for them as they work through this loss.
- Wendy’s brother-in-law also passed this week. He has ALS and had gotten pneumonia. Pray for his kids, and grandkids.
- Rick asked for prayers for his friend, also named Rick, and his family. The friend Rick passed away leaving a wife and two young kids.
- Kymmie asked for prayers for Cecilia’s knee.
- Pray also for Jeff’s upcoming shoulder surgery. This will be his 5th, and hopefully, last.
- Wendy asked for continued prayers for baby Arlo’s family as they are struggling. Arlo is her baby cousin who passed. Prayers for her mom’s, siblings, and all who love her.
- Shirley asked for peace, understanding, and her neighborhood
- For those families living in the homes we are helping. For peace, rest, and stability for them all.
- Cheryl sent in a request for prayers for the volunteers at the food pantry, for those not with us at this time, and for those traveling. And, of course, for world peace.
- For peace for the people of the world.
Please continue to pray for those traveling:
- For Deb and Jeff as they head to Wisconsin for his surgery.
|On the website for the church, there is a way to submit your prayer requests. If this is something you would be interested in doing, please do so. The prayer requests are emailed to Pastor Devon once they are submitted. |
Here is the link: https://www.wintergardenpres.org/prayer-requests/