Dearest Wintergarden Faith Community,
The prayers for today are from the past two weeks in worship.
As we continue to pray for one another, our community, our country, and our world, let us do so with love and hope. Our weekly email of prayers is a way for us to share the prayers shared in worship, through the food pantry, and our various other ministries with a larger group. Due to privacy needs we will only include the first names of people and not last names. We also know this list will not be perfect and in need of constant updating. We will review this every week and be mindful of how we are being asked to pray for one another, our community, our country, and our world.
Prayers of Joy
- Maralee is in her house! We all share in her gratitude to Bud and Donna for use of their trailer as she rebuilt.
- She also is excited to have her sister and brother-in-law in town helping her settle in.
- Kymmie is thankful for this congregation.
- Bud celebrates his daughter, Asia who graduated as a Dr. of PT.
- Gale is celebrating Cooper’s graduation from Kent, Otto’s graduation from high school, and Becky’s new little boy, born on the 10th!
- For all the moms, step-moms, foster mom’s soon-to-be moms, grandmothers, stand-in moms, mother figures, adoptive moms, mom’s in heaven, mom’s with children in heaven… Happy Mother’s day to all of you.
- Devon is happy to have her “British mama” in town visiting.
- Congrats to Sue and Sandy on their remarriage over the weekend.
- For those struggling with Mother’s day.
- Please pray Maralee, her dad, and sister as they negotiate through their first Mother’s day with Maralee’s mom.
- Barb asked for continued prayers for Fred.
- Barb also asked for prayers for neighbors, Cindy and Rick.
- John asked for strength and comfort for the Swails’ family. The celebration of life and graveside services both went well. But continue to pray for all who love Bob. (Devon was comforted to know Bob will rest near her dad.)
- Donna asked for prayers for family and friends – healing physically and spiritually.
- John requested prayers for no complications from Jeanne’s surgery (and it was a success!).
- Cheryl asked for prayers for her family, especially her brother.
- Cheryl also requested prayer for the housing development she lives in in regard to safety and building vandalism.
- She also asked for prayer for the people in her building and for the courage to share her faith with them.
- Gale’s husband Chuck is having a heart cath on Tuesday. Please pray for his recovery.
- Pray also for Gale’s sister-in-law as she continues treatment for cancer.
- Kymmie asked for prayer for a family that just lost their newborn.
- Pray also for Annie’s friend, Jenny. They are traveling and Jenny hurt her back.
- Cheryl sent in a request for prayers for the volunteers at the food pantry, for those not with us at this time, and for those traveling.
- Wendy requests prayer for her cousin, Norm, who was just diagnosed with stage 4 bone cancer.
- Pray for our vets, especially those that lack stable housing and food security.
- Prayers for Jeff. He is recovering well from his shoulder replacement, but on Saturday broke his leg. Prayers for quick healing.
- Prayers for Ukraine.
- For peace for the people of the world.
Please continue to pray for those traveling:
- For Sandy as she travels north until Oct.
- Prayers for safe travels back to FL for Emma (she made it home safely).
- For safety for the holiday weekend.
- For all those traveling at this time.
|traveling at this time.
With great excitment, we have a two-part directory. The first part includes a majority of the everyones information. The second part includes alternative addresses and anniversaries. Also, this has not been posted is online. Directory
Alternate Addresses and AnniversariesNow, if you notice that something is missing (like an anniversary or birthday or phone number), please let us know and we will get it corrected!
|On the website for the church, there is a way to submit your prayer requests. If this is something you would be interested in doing, please do so. The prayer requests are emailed to Pastor Devon once they are submitted.
Here is the link: https://www.wintergardenpres.org/prayer-requests/