Dearest Wintergarden Faith Community,
As we continue to pray for one another, our community, our country, and our world, let us do so with love and hope. Our weekly email of prayers is a way for us to share the prayers shared in worship, through the food pantry, and our various other ministries with a larger group. Due to privacy needs we will only include the first names of people and not last names. We also know this list will not be perfect and in need of constant updating. We will review this every week and be mindful of how we are being asked to pray for one another, our community, our country, and our world.
Prayers of Joy
- We all rejoice that our youth had a great week at camp!
- We all rejoice with Colleen and Jim as they celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary!
- Wendy rejoices that the 7.2 earthquake and tsunami in Alaska were not worse. (There are no known causalities at this time.)
- Prayers of thanksgiving that Jeff is still healing up well!
- Cheryl continues to give thanks to her Wintergarden family and is additionally joyful for her improving back and ability to go back to her volunteer work!
- Please pray for Barb’s friend, Rich, who is having a hard time recovering from surgery.
- Pray also for Maralee’s friend Donna, who has COVID.
- Kymmie asked for prayers for Rick’s cousin, who has terminal cancer and is nearing the end.
- She also asked for prayers for Diane, a food pantry client, who has passed. Adding that, “she finally found her peace”.
- Continue to pray for Colleen. Pray for peace and a good outcome as she waits for test results.
- Cheryl requests prayers for an upcoming doctor’s appointment.
- Continue to pray for Wendy’s cousin, Norm who is in stage 4 cancer.
- Pray also Jill who broke her leg. (Jill is with UMCOR – the United Methodist Committee on Relief and is one of partners in our disaster recovery work).
- Pray also for Mike, with Missions on Wheels, who needs shoulder surgery. (Our trailers are from Mission on Wheels.)
- Continued prayers for Joy as she mourns the loss of Bob and is dealing with many different health issues.
- Cheryl’s friend, Destiny, expressed gratitude for our prayers. Please continue to pray for Destiny and son who are seeking new housing. And also that they receive the support they need to live into the life God wants for them.
- Cheryl also asked for prayers for her friend, Josephine who is home and recovering.
- Cheryl requested prayer for her brother in GA and for her family in general.
- Pray for all the people living in Jacaranda Place. Cheryl specifically would like prayers for her caseworker and peer counselor.
- Prayers for all those impacted by the floods and extreme heat and other changes to our earth that are impacting many lives. Also for our own need for rain in much of Florida. And for an uneventful hurricane season.
- Prayers for the shooting victims and their families of yet another horrible mass casualty event.
- Prayers for grace, patience and kindness here and throughout our community.
- For peace for the people of the world.
- Devon requested prayers for the crazy week ahead – especially related to our building.
- We all are looking forward to getting back to “normal.” And we should be getting a lot closer to that this week as the sanctuary and kitchen floors should get finished, enabling us to move more fully into these areas.
- However, much has to happen “just right” to finish on the expected timeline. Please pray for God’s hand to be in the many pieces that have to go
- And toward this end, we will need every able-bodied person we can get to help move things around the church this week Saturday morning starting at 9. WE WILL ONLY BE WORKING ON SATURDAY, NOT FRIDAY. There has been a delay in the carpet installation and the kitchen flooring installation.
|On the website for the church, there is a way to submit your prayer requests. If this is something you would be interested in doing, please do so. The prayer requests are emailed to Pastor Devon once they are submitted. |
Here is the link: https://www.wintergardenpres.org/prayer-requests/