Dearest Wintergarden Faith Community,
As we continue to pray for one another, our community, our country, and our world, let us do so with love and hope. Our weekly email of prayers is a way for us to share the prayers shared in worship, through the food pantry, and our various other ministries with a larger group. Due to privacy needs we will only include the first names of people and not last names. We also know this list will not be perfect and in need of constant updating. We will review this every week and be mindful of how we are being asked to pray for one another, our community, our country, and our world.
Prayers of Joy
- Shirley is filled with joy and thanksgiving for the health of her family and friends. She’s also thankful that her daughter starts her new job with the North Port police right after Christmas. Finally, she’s grateful for all the Lord has allowed her to do this year and is looking forward to the new year!
- We’re thankful for all the “elves” that helped to joy to the children of our food pantry clients this year!
- We’re grateful for Cheryl and all she does for our church.
- We’re excited at all those that are so many new-ish friends taking root here, like Roger and and Hank.
- It’s also a great joy to see all the “littles” (children) we had in church on Sunday.
- Wendy’s grateful to be going to see her kids and grandson for Christmas and that found her keys after 3 days of searching!
- Ahilya is undergoing tests and scans for her breathing / respiratory system. Please pray for answers that lead to a return to health for her.
- Prayers for Bud and Donna.
- Kymmie asked for prayers for a healthy recital.
- We lost a dear food pantry client this week, John. Prayers of comfort for his loved ones.
- Pray also for first work team of 2024, coming the week of Jan 6th.
- Continued prayers for Cheryl’s brother and sister.
- For all the families struggling with the expectations of Christmas.
- Please pray that our food pantry clients and volunteers.
- For those affected by gun violence.
- For peace in the Middle East.
- For peace in Sudan.
- For peace in Ukraine
- For peace in our own lives and for our world.
- Praying for safe travels for Annie.
- Also for safe travels for Wendy and Tom as they head north.
- And indeed, safe travels for all throughout the holiday season.
|On the website for the church, there is a way to submit your prayer requests. If this is something you would be interested in doing, please do so. The prayer requests are emailed to Pastor Devon once they are submitted.
Here is the link: https://www.wintergardenpres.org/prayer-requests/