Dearest Wintergarden Faith Community,
As we continue to pray for one another, our community, our country, and our world, let us do so with love and hope. Our weekly email of prayers is a way for us to share the prayers shared in worship, through the food pantry, and our various other ministries with a larger group. Due to privacy needs we will only include the first names of people and not last names. We also know this list will not be perfect and in need of constant updating. We will review this every week and be mindful of how we are being asked to pray for one another, our community, our country, and our world.
Prayers of Joy
- Hoping everyone had a wonderful Christmas! Blessings to you all this week.
- Cheryl is thankful for every person here at Wintergarden. She shared her joy in how this year would not have happened without all your prayers and support.
- Prayers for Cheryl as she takes the next 5-6 weeks off from volunteering and enjoys some much needed time to explore, rest, and have fun with friends.
- We’re thankful for all the “elves” that helped to joy to the children of our food pantry clients this year!
- For the new year and hopefulness it will be better than this year.
- Maya is thankful that Cece got a dog and for Gigi coming to live with them.
- Many great thanks for all the elves who made a very happy Christmas for so many families (for those who purchased gifts for children, wrapped presents, put together food bags, and served in our community with love)!
- Thankful for the Blue Christmas service this season.
- Prayers for Wendy and Anne as they spend time with family.
- Prayers for a time of rest for all over the next couple of weeks.
- Continued prayers for Ahilya.
- Prayers for Bud and Donna.
- For Tom’s niece who is having heart troubles.
- And Wendy has asked for prayers for her time with their family. Everyone has the sniffles and hoping folks feel better.
- Prayers for Jackie, Allie’s family, and Cleo’s family.
- Pray also for first work team of 2024, coming the week of Jan 6th.
- Kymmie asked for prayers for her grandpa. It is the first Christmas since her grandma passed away.
- For Caroline and Carl, it’s their first Christmas since their son John passed away.
- Continued prayers for Cheryl’s brother and sister.
- For all the homeless families in our community and hoping they have a place to be.
- Please pray that our food pantry clients and volunteers.
- For those affected by gun violence.
- For peace in the Middle East.
- For peace in Sudan.
- For peace in Ukraine
- For peace in our own lives and for our world
- For Colleen and Jim (and Romeo) heading south! Traveling mercies.
- Safe travels for all our winter friends who will be traveling south soon!
- And indeed, safe travels for all throughout the holiday season.
|On the website for the church, there is a way to submit your prayer requests. If this is something you would be interested in doing, please do so. The prayer requests are emailed to Pastor Devon once they are submitted.
Here is the link: https://www.wintergardenpres.org/prayer-requests/