Dearest Wintergarden Faith Community,
Many have asked for weekly prayers to be shared with the community. This is a way for us to share the prayers shared in worship, through the food pantry, and our various other ministries. Due to privacy needs we will only include the first names of people and not last names. We also know this list will not be perfect and in need of constant updating. We will review this every week and be mindful of how we are being asked to pray for one another, our community, our country, and our world.
Prayers of Joy
- Pastor Devon shared prayers of joy that her mom’s surgery went well.
- We are all also grateful for our many volunteers! This recovery would not be possible if weren’t for the tirelessly dedicated volunteers!
- Kymmie expressed prayers of joy as new housing plans are falling into place and for all the support she’s received.
- She also rejoicing that Drew was back in school.
- Barbara shared gratitude for all the help she’s received getting her property back in order after the storm. (Sal and Carol)
- Sandy expressed thanksgiving for her group of four friends – that they have return to Florida and that all of their homes were spared major damage. The houses will need some elbow grease, but they have roofs over their heads.
- John gave thanks for Jeannie’s birthday. She’s 80!
- Pastor shared the joy that on Wednesday several large grants were pledged to Wintergarden to help our church and our community heal.
- Cheryl asked for continued prayers for her friend, Claire for making it back safely and that her cancer tests remain clear.
- Cheryl expressed gratitude for all the new faces at, “Breakfast church” and for time together.
Prayers of Concern
- Pastor Devon urged us to be gentle and patient with each other because we’re all going through something. And in fact we were all going through something before the storm hit, and those challenges weren’t washed away in the storm.
- She also requested prayer for her neighbor, Mike, who is struggling with the loss of his wife of 25 years and now is also dealing storm damage on top of that loss.
- And neighbor Roby, who is 98, who is in need of more help with her home.
- Please also pray for baby Leo in Ohio and his family. He is Pam’s great nephew and was born 2lbs and 3oz. And although he’s grown to 3lbs, he is struggling and there is bleeding on his brain.
- Cheryl asked for prayer for housing for herself and for everyone whose housing became unsafe after Ian.
- Pray for Annie’s friend. Her grandson needs an operation.
- Stan and Ursula went back to Poland so that he can receive the treatment he needs. Please pray for his health and for all the changes in their lives with the move.
Prayers for Those Traveling
- Prayers of gratitude for Deb and Jeff’s safe return.
- For all our snowbirds, as they decide what this season will look like.
- For the emergency and recovery workers as they travel in and through out community.
We’re on a Journey – Psalm 121 (CEB)
A pilgrimage song
I raise my eyes toward the mountains.
Where will my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD,
the maker of heaven and earth.
God won’t let your foot slip.
Your protector won’t fall asleep on the job.
No! Israel’s protector never sleeps or rests!
The LORD is your protector;
the LORD is your shade right beside you.
The sun won’t strike you during the day;
neither will the moon at night.
The LORD will protect you from all evil;
God will protect your very life.
The LORD will protect you on your journeys—
whether going or coming—
from now until forever from now.
|On the website for the church, there is a way to submit your prayer requests. If this is something you would be interested in doing, please do so. The prayer requests are emailed to Pastor Devon once they are submitted. |
Here is the link: https://www.wintergardenpres.org/prayer-requests/