Dearest Wintergarden Faith Community,
Many have asked for weekly prayers to be shared with the community. This is a way for us to share the prayers shared in worship, through the food pantry, and our various other ministries. Due to privacy needs we will only include the first names of people and not last names. We also know this list will not be perfect and in need of constant updating. We will review this every week and be mindful of how we are being asked to pray for one another, our community, our country, and our world.
Prayers of Joy
- Pastor Devon shared prayers of joy for our many volunteers! This recovery would not be possible without our the tirelessly dedicated volunteers!
- Kymmie gave thanks for all the volunteers at the food pantry – those that have been there for a long time and the new volunteers as well. Also for the new relationships that are being formed. It is a reminder of, “all that good and right in the world.”
- Cheryl added thanks for homeless coalition. And expressed the need for more help.
- Cheryl also expressed gratitude for this community of faith.
- Also we are grateful that there wasn’t more loss of life.
- We are also grateful for that some normalcy is returning, like Halloween decorations.
- Despite the massive repair and recovery needed all around us, we all agreed that there is hope all around us as well. Therefore, we ask for continued prayers of thanksgiving for the hope we see all around us, because “a powerful storm requires a powerful response.”
- And we are all incredibly joyful that we all found our way back to this place [Wintergarden].
Prayers of Concern
- Pastor Devon reminded us that we all respond to loss differently. She urged us to be gentle and patient each other.
- Devon shared that her mom needs prayer for patience. After her surgery on her arm, she needs to heal for one more week before she can drive.
- Wendy asked for prayers for her friend Jessica who is having kidney and heart issues despite being in her 30’s.
- Wendy also asked for prayers for baby Arlo and her family as she continues to deteriorate.
- Colleen express thanksgiving for Pastor Devon, for all she does and for her birthday!
- Cheryl asked for continued prayer for improvement in her living situation, finances, and for her family.
- Diana requested prayer for a friend, Debbie, with cancer.
- Emilie asked for prayer for improved health for herself and less stress and increased peace for Chad.
- Pray for Jackie, who is not feeling well.
- Pray for Bonnie who has a lot of damage and loss.
- For Stan, that his treatment goes well and for safe travels back to Florida.
- Barbara asked for prayers for Fred
- For Jessi’s recovery from her fall.
- For all the helpers – the emergency and recovery workers as they travel in and through out community.
- For those struggling with mental illness, and for those that care for them.
- Pray also that we, as a church, continue to live into our mission of feeding people: body, mind, and soul.
- And for all the unspoken prayers on our hearts.
Prayers for Those Traveling
- For all our snowbirds, as they decide what this season will look like.
On the website for the church, there is a way to submit your prayer requests. If this is something you would be interested in doing, please do so. The prayer requests are emailed to Pastor Devon once they are submitted.
Here is the link: https://www.wintergardenpres.org/prayer-requests/