Summer Internship is designed as an experience in church redevelopment, revitalization, and transformation. This is an opportunity to experience the small church life in a diverse community in Southwest Florida.
As an intern, you’ll have various opportunities to try your hat in church revitalization through:
- Worship leadership, preaching, and all that entails – Additionally, if you have a sermon series that you feel called to preach, you will have the opportunity!
- Leadership Development – You will get to work with the church elders, the ministry teams, pastor, and others as we continue to develop our skills as leaders and work towards leading in the best way for our congregation.
- Family Ministry – We are in the process of enhancing our family ministry and you can be part of this endeavor.
- Food Insecurities Ministries – We have a food pantry, a community garden, serve at the Charlotte County Homeless Coalition, and are exploring ways to help without hurting the poor in our community. We also have a VISTA volunteer on our staff as well!
- Disaster Relief and Long-Term Recovery Work– Learn how to engage with mission teams, homeowners, partner organizations and more after Hurricane Ian devastated our area on September 28, 2022.
- Stewardship and Finances – Small church and revitalization means the pastor is in the know of everything. Learn the behind the scenes of giving, “raising” money, understanding the financial situation of a small church, and more.
- Something else you want to explore? Let us know. We have been doing everything and anything in between!
You could be the right person if…
- you are able to be real, authentic, vulnerable, and yourself; admitting to your brokenness.
- you are flexible.
- you willing to learn.
- you have a heart for small churches and understand small churches their vital role in the community.
- you have always wanted to experience the inner and outer workings of smaller churches choosing to go through a vitalization process.
- you are interested in enhancing your skill set and future professional marketability.
- Position: This is a full-time summer fellowship, housing is provided for most cases.
- Start date: Late May or Early June of 2024 (flexible start date).
- Location: Port Charlotte, FL
- Applications: SEND IT! Accepting until position is filled!
How to Apply: Email Rev. Devon Beisser Andrews HERE.