Wintergarden Presbyterian Church is a small church in Port Charlotte, FL who is embracing true transformation from the inside out and into our community. As a congregation that has almost closed multiple times, we are now on the side of living into our mission to feed people in our community. We are living into our 6th year of our church revitalization/transformation initiative and God is using our congregation each and every day. As we started this revitalization journey in 2014, we began with our newly developed mission to, “we reach out, teach, and provide Christian love within our community, while encouraging people to walk with Christ every day.” And over the course of the past 2 years, we truly have realized this mission is the way we are to live out how we feed people in our community.
Summer Internship is designed as an experience in church redevelopment, revitalization, and transformation. This is an opportunity to experience the small church life in a diverse community in Southwest Florida.
As an intern, you’ll have various opportunities to try your hat in church revitalization through:
- Worship leadership, preaching, and all that entails – Additionally, if you have a sermon series that you feel called to preach, you will have the opportunity!
- Leadership Development – You will get to work with the church elders, the ministry teams, pastor, and others as we continue to develop our skills as leaders and work towards leading in the best way for our congregation.
- Family Ministry – We are in the process of enhancing our family ministry and you can be part of this endeavor.
- Food Insecurities Ministries – We have a food pantry, a community garden, serve at the Charlotte County Homeless Coalition, and are exploring ways to help without hurting the poor in our community. We also have a VISTA volunteer on our staff as well!
- Murdock Middle School and Fellowship of Student Athletes – Learn about how we are partnering with our local middle school and other local organizations to impact the lives of administrators, teachers, coaches, students, and staff members.
- Stewardship and Finances – Small church and revitalization means the pastor is in the know of everything. Learn the behind the scenes of giving, “raising” money, understanding the financial situation of a small church, and more.
- Something else you want to explore? Let us know. We have been doing everything and anything in between!
You could be the right person if…
- you are able to be real, authentic, vulnerable, and yourself; admitting to your brokenness.
- you are flexible.
- you willing to learn.
- you have a heart for small churches and understand small churches their vital role in the community.
- you have always wanted to experience the inner and outer workings of smaller churches choosing to go through a vitalization process.
- you are interested in enhancing your skill set and future professional marketability.
- Position: This is a full-time summer fellowship, housing is provided for most cases.
- Start date: Late May or Early June of 2020 (flexible start date).
- Location: Port Charlotte, FL
- Applications: SEND IT! Accepting until position is filled!
- How to Apply: Email Rev. Devon Beisser Andrews at email@example.com