Dearest Wintergarden Faith Community,
Many have asked for weekly prayers to be shared with the community. This is a way for us to share the prayers shared in worship, through the food pantry, and our various other ministries. Due to privacy needs we will only include the first names of people and not last names. We also know this list will not be perfect and in need of constant updating. We will review this every week and be mindful of how we are being asked to pray for one another, our community, our country, and our world.
Prayers of Joy
- We give continued thanks for the Klayton’s steady improvement. But asked for continued prayer as he has further to go.
- Emma is celebrating 3 year “got ya'” anniversary with Star
- For all the work completed on last Saturday’s workday. Thank you!
- For Grandpa Gene, who made it through the Covid outbreak at his nursing home.
- Jess celebrates that Gavin is doing amazing in school.
- And we give thanksgiving for Chris as he heads to the next phase of his journey. Please hold him in his prayers as he continues his walk.
Prayers of Concern
- Maralee asked for prayer for her mom’s shortness of breath.
- Barbara lifted up Fred, for energy and healing; and also for Darla.
- Please continue to pray for Bud and John for more energy.
- For Ahilya. Her surgery went incredibly well, but continued healing prayers are in order.
- For Rick’s friend from work, Jose, who has had a tumor reoccurrence. So prayers for him and his family.
- For Sharon’s friend, Dawn and her upcoming radiation treatment. For the energy she needs for the treatment and for healing.
- Janet asked for prayers for her family members that were in a car accident two weeks ago. This accident tragically resulted in the loss of a great-niece. So, prayers for all of them as they work through this tremendous loss.
- Please pray for Virginia and her 11 year old grandson who has malignant tumors in his chest.
- Cherie, for a fast recovery from her fall. She broke her foot, so praying for quick and complete healing.
- And for Steve for recovery from his back issues.
- Prayers for pantry client Annie and her loved ones. Annie passed away. Kymmie described her as, “…one of the funniest and kindest Brit’s I know!”
- Prayers for Cheryl’s family, finances, and housing. Also for her brother in Georgia. Also for her co-workers.
- For struggling families.
- For improved mental health for all of us.
- Continued prayers for more volunteers for our food pantry and for the Homeless Coalition.
- Prayers for food panty volunteers and clients.
- For all God’s children to see each day as a new day and to make good choices with those days.
- Please pray for peace and safety for Ukraine and Russia people.
- All the victims and families of 9/11.
- Finally, please pray for peace throughout the world.
Prayers for those Traveling
- For Kymmie as she continues with her visit with family in New York.
- For Wendy as she also continues to visit with loved ones in Michigan.
- Also for Gale as she travels.
- Thanksgiving for Deb’s safe return and safe travels as Jeff heads out.
- And for our snowbirds as they begin to fly south!
- Also for any others on vacation, traveling mercies as well.
What is Church?
Beginning in August Pastor Devon started us on a new journey.
- First Pastor Devon spoke about listening. Deep listen. Listening to God and to our community. We were asked, “where God is moving in the community?” (8/14)
- Then she encouraged us to love wholeheartedly. (8/21)
- Next was building community – creating places of non-judgement, love, grace, and mercy. And Pastor asked us, “What kind of community we needed? (9/4)
Today we went further and we looked at how new forms of worship will take shape. Pastor asked us each what church is to us. Moreover, if church is what happens when people meet the risen Jesus, then what is essential for each of us for church? What is the group, person, individual… what is the community, what is the group God is calling you to be in relationship with?
|Who is God calling you to listen to?|
Who is God calling you to love?
Who is he calling you to build community with?
What will new forms of worship look like, where will they take place and who will we each being coming alongside?
|On the website for the church, there is a way to submit your prayer requests. If this is something you would be interested in doing, please do so. The prayer requests are emailed to Pastor Devon once they are submitted. |
Here is the link: https://www.wintergardenpres.org/prayer-requests/