Dearest Wintergarden Faith Community,
As we continue to pray for one another, our community, our country, and our world, let us do so with love and hope. Our weekly email of prayers is a way for us to share the prayers shared in worship, through the food pantry, and our various other ministries with a larger group. Due to privacy needs we will only include the first names of people and not last names. We also know this list will not be perfect and in need of constant updating. We will review this every week and be mindful of how we are being asked to pray for one another, our community, our country, and our world.
Prayers of Joy
- Devon offered prayers of thanksgiving for our efforts to help the community in long-term recovery. New partnerships and opportunities to help the community in meaningful ways are emerging.
- Maralee offered thanksgiving for Bud and Donna and the use of their trailer as her home awaits repair.
- She also rejoiced at the opportunity to be back in her neighborhood.
- We’re grateful for all who turned out to make our community Thanksgiving dinner a success. And for a great time of yummy food and fellowship with new and old friends.
- Deb and Jeff offer prayers of thanksgiving for having had their kids and four of their grandkids with them for the holiday.
Prayers of Concern
- We all circle around the Laurence’s as they await news on their new home. Continue to pray for them through the week for a successful closing on their new home.
- Barbara asked for prayer for Fred for needed medical test.
- Maralee requested continued prayer for her mom, Ramona, for her ongoing breathing issues.
- Deb requests prayers of healing for Jeff.
- Please continue to pray for Janet who remains in the hospital.
- John asked for prayers for strength and guidance for his granddaughter, Brandy.
- Wendy cousin, Mary, passed away. She requested prayer for all who loved Mary.
- Rodger requested prayer for his wife’s dementia and for employment.
- Cheryl requests continued prayer for her family, coworkers, housing, and finances.
- Cheryl also requests prayer for her brother in Georgia.
- And for her brother who has shingles.
- She also requests continued prayer that her friend, Clare, remains in remission.
- Michelle requested prayer for a former professor with terminal cancer.
- We all are also praying for the deputy that was shot – for his family and for the 30 year old that was arrested in this incident.
- Please pray for everyone struggling with their mental health, most especially food pantry clients and those that struggle through the holidays.
- We continue to pray for the people of Ukraine and Russia and for world peace.
Prayers for Those Traveling
- Please pray for those traveling throughout the holiday season.
|On the website for the church, there is a way to submit your prayer requests. If this is something you would be interested in doing, please do so. The prayer requests are emailed to Pastor Devon once they are submitted. |
Here is the link: https://www.wintergardenpres.org/prayer-requests/