Dearest Wintergarden Faith Community,
As we continue to pray for one another, our community, our country, and our world, let us do so with love and hope. Our weekly email of prayers is a way for us to share the prayers shared in worship, through the food pantry, and our various other ministries with a larger group. Due to privacy needs we will only include the first names of people and not last names. We also know this list will not be perfect and in need of constant updating. We will review this every week and be mindful of how we are being asked to pray for one another, our community, our country, and our world.
A New Song
On Sunday Devon shared how she needed to remind herself that it had only been three and a half months since Hurricane Ian hit! That we’re all still processing Ian and it’s aftermath. We’re still moving through the stages of grief. “There are so many feelings and wonderings and hopes all caught up in what will come, and that will continue to happen.”
In sharing PSALMS 40:1-11, Devon shared her hopethat we felt reassurance in the words of the Psalmist as she does. She reminded us that, “There is a place for everyone, with every feeling, emotion, every wondering and hope, and the constant reminder to express everything to God. No matter the situation in life, God can set us on solid rock and steady us, and God will do it again and again.” She hopes that, “God will put a new song in our mouths. A new song to sing. One of praise and one of hope. One of what is to come.”
Let that be our prayer at this time, that we find a new, hope and praised-filled, song to sing together.
So now you, LORD— don’t hold back any of your compassion from me. Let your loyal love and faithfulness always protect me, ~PSALMS 40:11
Prayers of Joy
- Cheryl gave praise for having gotten to the interview stage in her quest for new housing.
- Chris expressed gratitude for being with us.
- Jeanie and John are glad to have their son visit.
- Cheryl gives thanks for our new visitors.
- Kymmie expressed gratitude for new friends, new volunteers, new art for her home, and a new dog for her family!
- Kymmie also asked for prayers for 100 year old grandpa. He’s in the hospital but improving and should be coming home soon! They said he’s the healthiest 100 year old they’d ever met! Praise the Lord, indeed!
- And we celebrated Jim, Kymmie, Shirley, and Keekee’s birthdays as well!
Prayers of Concern
- John requested prayer for Bob, who remains in the hospital. And for his family, Joy, Ashley, and Alison.
- Please continue to pray for Fred and Barbara. Fred is out of the hospital, but still very ill.
- Cheryl reminded us to continue to pray for Bud and Donna as Bud recovers for knee surgery.
- Cheri’s mouth is still healing from surgery, so please continue to pray for her recovery.
- Prayers for James’ friend Wendy who is having knee surgery.
- Cheryl’s sister-in-law’s mother is in kidney failure. Please pray for her healing.
- John asked for prayer for Jeanie in regard to a possible need for thyroid surgery, and for that decision.
- Lynn asked for prayer for the food panty’s volunteers and clients.
- Devon asked for prayer for Katrice, one of her friends. Katrice’s boyfriend died unexpectedly right after Christmas. Please hold her and her kids in your prayers.
Prayers for Those Traveling
- Safe travels for John and Jeanie’s son who returns to Utah on Wednesday.
|On the website for the church, there is a way to submit your prayer requests. If this is something you would be interested in doing, please do so. The prayer requests are emailed to Pastor Devon once they are submitted. |
Here is the link: https://www.wintergardenpres.org/prayer-requests/