Dearest Wintergarden Faith Community,
As we continue to pray for one another, our community, our country, and our world, let us do so with love and hope. Our weekly email of prayers is a way for us to share the prayers shared in worship, through the food pantry, and our various other ministries with a larger group. Due to privacy needs we will only include the first names of people and not last names. We also know this list will not be perfect and in need of constant updating. We will review this every week and be mindful of how we are being asked to pray for one another, our community, our country, and our world.
Prayers of Joy
- Thanks and joy for all of our volunteers who share their time and love with our community.
- Joy and blessing to Sandy’s grandson, Garrett, and bride, Yelin, on their wedding on Jan 21.
- Cheryl expressed her gratitude for Gail, Colleen and Annie, saying, “I am very thankful for these beautiful women in my life.”
- Cheryl is also grateful her restful time off.
- Pray for Cecilia’s surgery – on Thursday of this week.
- Prayer for Janet who is in the hospital again and for her to come out fully restored. [She is now home – Praise!]
- Healing prayers for Pat who fell.
- Pray for the family and friends of Maddie, mom of a 5 month old baby. Maddie passed away this past week of metastasized breast cancer.
- Healing prayers for Sandy’s brother, Jack, with stage 4 carcinoma.
- For Kymmie’s migraines to go away.
- Pray for John who is having some shooting pain and unsteadiness, but we’re all grateful it was not a stroke!
- Also for Kymmie’s momma as she heals from her stoke and learns to accept help.
- Kymmie’s grandpa, at 101, has decided it’s time to not live alone. Prayers for the transition.
- For our work teams coming – we have a small team coming from Thursday – Sunday and another larger group coming from Sunday through Saturday. Pray for safe travels to and from, for the quick transition between teams, and for the work in the community to be fruitful for all.
- Cheryl’s glad that her appointment for her arm went well and is hopeful for her upcoming PT.
- For Cheryl’s birthday party.
- Continued prayers for Cheryl’s brother and sister.
- For those not with us on Sunday.
- For homeless, hungry, and hurting.
- For our food pantry clients and volunteers.
- For those affected by gun violence.
- For peace in the Middle East, Sudan, Ukraine.
- For peace in our own lives and for our world.
- Traveling mercies for the work team as they go home.
- And indeed, safe travels for 2024!
|On the website for the church, there is a way to submit your prayer requests. If this is something you would be interested in doing, please do so. The prayer requests are emailed to Pastor Devon once they are submitted.
Here is the link: https://www.wintergardenpres.org/prayer-requests/