Dearest Wintergarden Faith Community,
As we continue to pray for one another, our community, our country, and our world, let us do so with love and hope. Our weekly email of prayers is a way for us to share the prayers shared in worship, through the food pantry, and our various other ministries with a larger group. Due to privacy needs we will only include the first names of people and not last names. We also know this list will not be perfect and in need of constant updating. We will review this every week and be mindful of how we are being asked to pray for one another, our community, our country, and our world.
Prayers of Joy
- Today we celebrate Caden’s 3rd birthday! We’re so glad for him!
- Cheryl’s grateful for all who came to her birthday party on Saturday.
- Our work team expressed gratitude for our missions here – for all we do. (These groups all seem very impressed with our small but mighty church.)
- Pray for all those that loved Sterling, especially his kids. He was a well loved pantry volunteer who died this week under tragic circumstances. Pray also for the community – the impact his life has had, as well as the impact his loss and the circumstances of his loss will have on so many. Many hearts are breaking over all of it.
- Jeff and Deb A ask for prayers for a friend, Stan, in Minnesota. They went up to celebrate his 92nd birthday. While there he fell in the shower and now has incredible burns and is in a burn unit fighting for his life.
- Pray for Wendy’s cousin, Lou, who is just a toddler. He has Fanconi Anemia. It’s a rare inherited disease. He has to get very invasive tests regularly, such as bone marrow biopsies, etc. They are awaiting results for the latest test.
- Pray also for Lou’s Nana. (Also named Wendy, but not our Wendy.) She is recovering from knee surgery.
- Pray for those who fight addiction and for those who struggle with devastating health news.
- Please pray for Fred.
- Deb B asked for prayer for her friend, Gary’s cancer.
- Pray for Cecilia’s recovery from knee surgery.
- Pray also for Wendy’s friends Maureen and Dave as they struggle with their health.
- Pray also for those showing their horses in the terrible weather. We need to keep all our 4 legged friends healthy!
- Pray for Cheryl’s financial security. And the rest of us for that matter!
- For those living at Jacaranda place.
- Cheryl asked we pray for Kymmie and Rick.
- Continued prayers for Cheryl’s brother and sister.
- Also for Donna, in MN.
- For homeless, hungry, and hurting.
- For our food pantry clients and volunteers.
- For those affected by violence.
- For peace in the Middle East, Sudan, Ukraine.
- For peace in our own lives and for our world.
- Please pray for travelling mercies for Deb and Jeff as they travel to and from Minnesota.
- Traveling mercies for the work team as they go home.
- And indeed, safe travels for 2024!
|On the website for the church, there is a way to submit your prayer requests. If this is something you would be interested in doing, please do so. The prayer requests are emailed to Pastor Devon once they are submitted.
Here is the link: https://www.wintergardenpres.org/prayer-requests/