Dearest Wintergarden Faith Community,
Many have asked for weekly prayers to be shared with the community. This is a way for us to share the prayers shared in worship, through the food pantry, and our various other ministries. Due to privacy needs we will only include the first names of people and not last names. We also know this list will not be perfect and in need of constant updating. We will review this every week and be mindful of how we are being asked to pray for one another, our community, our country, and our world.
Come As You Are
Come as you are into God’s presence, you are welcome here.
Tired and weary, you are welcome here.
Angry and afraid, you are welcome here.
Guilty and grateful, you are welcome here.
We come into God’s presence to worship the One who welcomes us here, just as we are.
Prayers of Joy
- WAWA provided a $2,000 grant for the food pantry at Wintergarden. We had forgotten we had submitted the grant, so the timely arrival will be a blessing.
- We are grateful for the pantry volunteer response. They are always amazing, but in the days since the storm, they have gone above and beyond. The first week after the hurricane, our volunteers and staff showed up to serve over 725 families on 3 different days. What amazing gifts we received and are so thankful for our volunteers!
- Kymmie shared how incredibly thankful she is for her chosen family and is blessed by everyone here.
- We know there were so many more prayers of joy, but we did a poor job of writing them down. Our promise is to take better notes 🙂
Prayers of Concern
- Pastor Devon requested prayer for her mamma, who fell and broke her elbow. (Sharon’s surgery went well and she is home recovering.)
- Also for Jessi who broke her ankle.
- Continued healing prayers for Gale’s sister, Julie.
- Kymmie and Cheryl both requested prayer for their housing situations.
- Sharon expressed a need for prayer around lack of timely response to from the insurance adjusters and for Arthur’s safe return up north.
- Kymmie asked for prayers for her grandfather.
- Barbara asked for continued prayer for her husband, Fred.
- Cheryl asked for prayer for a friend.
Prayers for Those Traveling
- For all our snowbirds, as they decide what this season will look like.
- For the emergency and recovery workers as they travel in and through out community.